Continuing CTD problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you been having trouble crashing at HD?
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
No
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

Lorenzo55
Site Admin
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a driver issue....not an update issue....leftover pieces of driver code stuck in the registery that can be removed with a neat little program called.... Driver Sweeper...download it and install it... then remove your video device from the device manager and all software drivers (tick the box)...uninstall physx (via uninstall programs in control panel) shit if you got it ...then run this program to finish uninstalling the leftover baggage...then presto...restart and install the latest driver software from your nvidia or ati site...u did download the latest drivers first didn't u...don't forget to dust your video cache in the bf2 folder located in the documents..path is bf2>mods>bf2>cache>(anything in the cache can and should be deleted...will be rebuilt on joining the server)

got it...wheeew...out of breath

Roadrash13

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilbri wrote:
Hey Bluse just wait till you in a jet behind his ass only to have him bail on you, DAM ROADRASH!!!! J?K bud you a good teacher of the bail out jet and I have used it a few times myself Twisted Evil

LMAO, just wait till Evilbri banns you for it! And I'm not kidding LOL............

Robbio2

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: I don't know man Reply with quote

Well, I took Road's advice and did a system restore back to just before the updates, and I was able to play a couple of full games without crashing. The problem's been intermittent - one night it'll be really bad, and another it won't happen at all. So, I'll have to wait a few days before I declare victory.

It still doesn't explain why it would happen all the time on HD's server, but never anywhere else... Maybe somebody's just f'ing with me, using a hack to crash me - who knows. Sorry if I pissed somebody off... Did a little google research on BF2 hacks. Holy crap that stuff is scary. Of course, by definition these people aren't exactly trustworthy individuals, but if you believe what they say and what they've posted on youtube, then there's an awful lot of stuff out there that's in use and still undetectable. Certainly explains some of those times when guys are spotted from halfway across the map. I guess I"ll never understand someone who's willing to cheat at a game like this...

Robbio2

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: So much for that theory Reply with quote

Just connected and crashed before I could even spawn in. Sigh. Back to messing around with settings I guess.
sorinnana17
GOD

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bro...did u try to reinstall the windows,video card?but b4 all this just reinstall the game and try run the game as administrator...

sorinnana17
GOD

Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...it works 4 me under vista

goblues
GODS GPA

Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilbri wrote:
Hey Bluse just wait till you in a jet behind his ass only to have him bail on you, DAM ROADRASH!!!! J?K bud you a good teacher of the bail out jet and I have used it a few times myself Twisted Evil

as soon as ya get behind him you see him jump LOL.

I always think its a long way back to the carrier.

Every bails Smile i just do it when i see a tank at a flag, nothing like a 3 pointer defend flag Smile

goblues
GODS GPA

Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: So much for that theory Reply with quote

Robbio2 wrote:
Just connected and crashed before I could even spawn in. Sigh. Back to messing around with settings I guess.

Just update to win 7 have had no problems at all with it.

Robbio2

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: CTD issue finally isolated! Reply with quote

I've been plagued by intermittent crash to desktop problems when playing on HD lately - last night was fine, but tonight I can't even get from docks to vista begore it dies.

But luckily I was finally able to isolate the issue by looking at packet-level logs generated by my firewall software.

I was able to catch two CTD episodes, and in each case, the last message received from the server before the game stopped responding contained a checksum error in the UDP data packet.

I'm guessing the whiz-kids that programmed this thing have never had to deal with the possibility that an error ocurred during a transmission, and simply didn't handle that condition gracefully.

Unfortunately this leaves me hanging, since I doubt highly there will be a 1.51 patch. I'm not sure why the HD server is a problem for me when others aren't, nor can I tell why I'm the only one having this problem while other players don't, but I"m guessing there's a bad connection/piece of equipment somewhere between my ISP and the server's ISP. I'm using Time Warner in Cincinnati, so who knows? I'll try to keep track of the routes that I'm using to get to HD, and see if anything changes when it's good compared to when it's bad.

Robbio

Robbio2

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Good news Reply with quote

Well, as I mentinoed last time I was able to trace the problem to data errors in the packets somewhere between my house and the server. I was able to play tonight without a problem, and was able to compare the route tonight with the route that was being used previously, and sure enough - there's a different router somewhere between Chicago and Cincinnati inside Time Warner!

So, I now have hope that perhaps I'll be able to play here again! If it reverts back to the old route and the problems re-appear, at least I'll be able to pinpoint it for Time Warner. Of course, they'll never believe me - it'll take a conversation with a level 10 support guy before he'll actually go check stats on one of their routers, but at least I'll be able to point them in the right direction.

Robbio2

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: